Posting our video on cults on a Facebook post, one viewer by the name of Shawn commented:
Wow!! How phenomenal this video really is!
It reminds me of what I went through after I became a member of the ICOC (international Church of Christ). At first glance they are a very phenomenal and awesome religious organization.
- They strongly focus on Jesus, relationship with God, prayer and repentance.
- They are highly evangelistic, encouraging it’s number to evangelize in shopping malls, college campuses, to family members and friends that we know.
- They up here to be the most biblical knowledgeable people and all of the Christian world, who digs very, very deep into the Bible.
- They do not have a Christian Creed, Manuals Nor Church disciplines but use the Bible alone and all its interpretations.
But here is where it got bad, I mean really, really bad.
- They have what is called discipling partners and discipleship groups used to control and manipulate every aspect of its members life. If I wanted to go out to dinner with some Christian friends or even coworker or people I know, I had to get advice from the elders first and they were the one to make the decision whether or not I will be allowed to do so I’m not. Not taken any of advice from my discipling partner or the elders of my congregation means sin and a possibility of being shunned.
- If the church had harvest night (which takes place around or on Halloween night in which disciples go around Trix or treating for souls) and you need to go to the hospital because someone in your family had gotten sick, they will tell you that you must put God first and be unified with the church and go evangelizing with them, yet pray that your family members will be fine.
- In cults like the ICOC, Watchtower Society, Church of Scientology or the Unification Church, you will almost never measure up to any of their standards and will often be looked down upon with suspicion.
- I was taught to study the Bible with the Bible alone and to make all of my decisions based upon God and His words. YET, if you disagree with anything that they say or teach (even if what they teach conflicts with the Bible), they will put you out of the church and deem you as an apostate.
Being a part of cults like these can foster up a strong sense of bitterness, despair, depression, anger, unbearable amount of resentment, prideful or defensive attitude (everybody outside of them are wrong and you must listen to them if not you are an evil person), and constant fear of being destroyed on the day of judgment or shunned from family members and Friends.
I just want to encourage anyone who is a part of religious organization with these characteristics to get out as soon as possible. They are very deceitful manipulative and dangerous.
Remember that while cultic churches and religious organizations of this world might not offer you any type of earthly or real spiritual benefits, Jesus is the only way, truth and the life Who brings peace not the fear, doom and destruction that cult religions offer.