QUESTION 1: WHO IS JESUS CHRIST TO YOU?
The Bible teaches that Jesus as the “Son of God” is God the Son (John 19:7). Being the “Son of Man” (John 6:62), He is 100% human. Being the “Son of God,” He is 100% God (John 5:18). Being “Almighty” God (Revelation 1:7-8), Jesus can have no “equal” God beside Him (Isaiah 46:9; 44:6, 24; John 1:1-3). Yet, cults reduce Christ to a created creature, calling Jesus a secondary “godlike” being.
- John 5:18: “For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He …was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.” (NASB)
- Philippians 2:5-7: “…have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.” (NIV)
- Colossians 2:9: “For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.” (NASB)
QUESTION 2: WHAT DID JESUS DO FOR YOU?
- 1 Peter 2:24: “…He Himself bore our sins in His body ….” (NASB)
- What did Jesus bear “in” His own body? (“Our sins”) What sins are those? What does the word “bore” mean? (To carry) Where did Jesus carry “our sins”? (In His Body) Can you see why the Bible teaches that our personal sins put Jesus to death?
- Did Jesus pay for ALL of our personal sins, or are there sins that we can commit that He didn’t pay for which would cause us to lose eternal life?
- Is Jesus sufficient for our salvation, or is He just a necessary step? If He is sufficient, why do we need to add our works for salvation?
QUESTION 3: HAVE YOU “COME” TO JESUS?
Jesus has the “authority” to forgive sins (Mark 2:7, 10-11) and give eternal life (John 10:28). Therefore we must “come” to Jesus (John 5:39-40; 6:45) in prayer (John 14:14; 1 Cor. 1:2, 9; Acts 7:59; 2 Cor. 12:8-9), asking Him to give us His righteousness in exchange for our sin (Phil. 3:9). If we do not give Jesus the same “honor” and “worship” we give the Father (Rev. 5:11-14), we do “not honor” the Father (John 5:23).
- John 14:14: “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” (NASB) Jesus must be greater than a created angel because He both receives prayer and answers prayer.
- NOTE: You can use the Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Interlinear Translation of John 14:14 (photocopy on the back) to show how the Jehovah’s Witness New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) leaves off the first “Me” in the passage to read: “If you ask anything in my name, I will do it” instead of “ask Me.”
- John 5:23: “So that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.” (NWT)
- Revelation 5:13-14: “ ‘…To the One sitting on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever.’ The four living creatures were saying: ‘Amen!’ and the elders fell down and worshipped.” (NWT)
FOR MORE INFORMATION – References Mentioned in the Presentation: